Want to connect more with your student about their first term experience? Emily Greenleaf, associate registrar at Vic, offers five questions for first-year students at the holiday dinner table:
1. What are some of the biggest differences between your high school and university courses?
2. Do you have a favourite professor or TA? What do you like about them or their classes?
3. Which course has been most surprising for you?
4. If you were to start your semester over again, would you do anything differently?
5. What do you feel most proud about this semester?