To be considered for conditional admission to the Master of Teaching and the Combined Degree Program, students must meet the following admission requirements:
- Have completed—or be on the course to complete the Education and Society Minor Program at Victoria College.
- Be registered in the 3rd year of the H.B.Sc. or H.B.A. Degree Program, in one of the above listed major programs.
- Have an average grade equivalent of at least B+ or better, normally demonstrated by an average grade in the 2nd year.
- Provide at least two letters of reference.
- Be on course to complete the prerequisites for two teaching subjects irrespective of whether they ultimately intended registering in the Intermediate/Senior, Junior/Intermediate or Primary/Junior concentration (Note: candidates must have completed at least half of the teaching subjects prerequisite courses [i.e. 3.0 FCE in 1st teaching subject, and 1.5 FCE in 2nd teaching subject] by the time they are conditionally admitted to the MT program, that is, by the 2nd term of 3rd year in the undergraduate program).
- Meet other qualifications as specified by the MT program:
TEACHING SUBJECT REQUIREMENTS
All students must meet the requirements for two teaching subjects. In order to meet the admissions requirements for their two teaching subjects, applicants must be on the course to 10 completing the required number of prerequisite courses in each of their subject areas as part of their undergraduate studies. Specifically, applicants must have six full university courses (or equivalent) in their first teaching subject, and three full university courses (or equivalent) in their second teaching subject. French as a Second Language, International Languages and Science subjects require more than 3 full-year university courses.
Conditions for Rescindment of Offer
If at the end of 4th year the student has not met the requirement of completing 6.0 FCEs in the first teaching subject and 3.0 FCEs in the second teaching subject, the offer of conditional admission to the Combined Degree Program will be rescinded. Students in this position could apply separately to the Master of Teacher outside of the Combined Degree Program.