Easy Steps to Event Planning
1. Think through what you want your event to look like and make a timeline (well in advance of your scheduled event).
2. Consider collaborating with another Vic group.
Note: for events held within The Cat's Eye, please first send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org to put a hold on the space. You should then follow the below steps.
3. For on campus events, fill out the on campus event proposal form . For Off campus events, fill out the OFF campus event form and alcohol procedures document (see documents below).
On Campus events:
- Completed On Campus Event Proposal Form and Alcohol Procedures Document
- Once this form has been submitted the Events Victoria Office will confirm a hold has been placed on your requested room (within two business days).
- After the room has been booked, the Campus Life Coordinator or Residence Life Coordinator will follow-up with you to conduct a risk assessment.
- Please note: on campus events with alcohol are not permitted during the 24 hour exam quiet period
OFF Campus Events:
- Email a completed Off Campus Event Proposal Form and Alcohol Procedures Document to email@example.com and please indicate your availability for a meeting (several different days and times).
- Once this has been submitted the CLC/RLC will contact you to arrange a meeting and approve your event.
- After approval of your event, confirm the space booking with off-campus venue.