Easy Steps to Event Planning
1. Think through what you want your event to look like and make a timeline (well in advance of your scheduled event).
2. Consider collaborating with another Vic group.
Note: for events held within The Cat's Eye, please visit their website to fill out their Booking Request Form (checking their calendar of availability prior to booking), and send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org to confirm you've e-mailed them. Once you've submitted a booking and put a hold on the space, you should then follow the below steps.
3. For on campus events, fill out the on campus event proposal form. For Off campus events, fill out the OFF campus event form and alcohol procedures document (see documents below).
On Campus events:
- Completed On Campus Event Proposal Form and Alcohol Procedures Document
- Once this form has been submitted the Events Victoria Office will confirm a hold has been placed on your requested room (within two business days).
- After the room has been booked, the Campus Life Coordinator or Residence Life Coordinator will follow-up with you to conduct a risk assessment.
- Please note: on campus events with alcohol are not permitted during the 24 hour exam quiet period
OFF Campus Events:
- Email a completed Off Campus Event Proposal Form and Alcohol Procedures Document to email@example.com and please indicate your availability for a meeting (several different days and times).
- Once this has been submitted the CLC/RLC will contact you to arrange a meeting and approve your event.
- After approval of your event, confirm the space booking with off-campus venue.