When do residence applications open for returning students?
· Residence applications open at 9:00 am on Thursday March 1, 2018.
· All communications will be delivered via email regarding your residence application.
What criteria does Victoria University use when selecting students to return to residence?
· Priority is given to Victoria students who would like to return to residence.
· Preference is given to students who have lived in the Victoria residence system previously and would like to return to residence.
· A minimum GPA of 2.0 is required to guarantee a space in the Victoria residence system. If you do not meet the GPA requirements please contact email@example.com
· All outstanding balances on ACORN must be cleared by April 3, 2018 in order for your application to be considered.
· Preference is given to students who submit their applications in a timely fashion. The date stamp used on your completed application is used by the Residence Office when prioritizing room selection.
If you are interested in living in residence we encourage you to apply in a timely fashion as preference is given to students based on the date stamp of their application (date the deposit is submitted). There is no deadline for application submission. Once the number of spaces for returning students are filled, remaining applicants will be placed on a waitlist. Please be mindful that the number of single rooms in each building determines how many returning students can be placed in the residence.
The Residence Application
What information do I need to have to complete my residence application?
· You will need to provide personal information (if auto fill is not complete)
· You will need to select a meal plan option at the time of application.
· You will need to submit a payment of $600.00 (credited to your ACORN account) plus a $25.00 application fee before your online application is considered complete. Payment can be made using VISA or MasterCard.
What if I want to live with my friends?
· After your application is complete email firstname.lastname@example.org and indicate with whom you would like to live with. All members of the group must send an email indicating the people they would like to live with .
Once my application is submitted what can I expect?
· You will receive an email notification that your residence application has been completed.
· An email the week of April 17 will provide you with a time slot for selecting a room.
· Room selection will take place the week of May 1, 2018.
· Your residence fees are due by August 15, 2018.
As a returning what if I decide I do not want a room in residence before I selected a room?
· Please notify the Dean of Students Office at email@example.com by May 1, 2018 and your deposit will be returned to you.
What if I decide I do not want my room in residence after I have selected a room?
· There are a number of students who remain on the residence waitlist all summer. Please let us know once you decide you do not want to live in residence so your space can be offered to someone else. Informing us you do not intend to live in residence will give other students the opportunity to live there.
What if I do not like the room I have selected?
Email firstname.lastname@example.org and we will be happy to help.
What does it mean to be on the residence waitlist?
· Your application has been accepted but there is no space in the residence system at that time.
· There will be movement on the waitlist into September. If you want to live in residence we will do our best to make that a reality.